Monday, June 04, 2007

Past, Present, and Future.

Its funny how somethings never change. There is a sign in Courtney's bathroom that was in Courtney's bathroom when I met her over 15 years ago now. It is still there in a different bathroom in a different house which has seen two renovations. It is still there despite the fact that when I first saw it Magadalene the youngest wasn't born yet. I still even know the words off by heart.

In this space and time I am so different from who I thought I would be. The girl that sat on the pink carpet in Courtney's house watching her play piano would never have seen this girl. I wonder if she would approve. Yet I don't care. I like this girl. This girl has been through so much and is now strong. This girl does crazy things and has fun but is still grounded. This girl finally knows who she is to a certain extent in ways that girl only longed for.

For the first time in what seems like aeons, this girl loves herself, and doesn't long for someone else to complete that.

I love this girl, and for perhaps the first time ever it doesn't matter if you do.

No comments: